Data Analyst with a Tech Mindset
Product and Technology - Stockholm
What we do at Detectify
Detectify was born from the simple idea that the internet is broken. Our founders are some of the best ethical hackers out there. Between them, they have hacked some of the biggest tech companies in the world and now they are sharing their knowledge as part of our tech teams. The knowledge they accumulated from ethical hacking turned into an application security tool that automates hacker-attacks.
Today, in addition to our internal research, we collaborate with a global group of handpicked white-hat hackers to gather security tests. Our tool is trusted and used by some of the most widely known companies such as Spotify, Trello, and King. Based in central Stockholm, Sweden, we are currently a team of 50 employees and growing quickly.
What our data team does
The team works horizontally throughout the company by promoting a data-driven culture and identifying business needs. The main mission of the team is to provide insights and recommendations to the sales, marketing and product departments, so they can make impactful decisions. We achieve our mission by taking care of the data collection and storage, batch and stream processing, infrastructure monitoring, data analytics, as well as modelling and visualisation.
Role and Responsibility
As a Data Analyst you will have the unique opportunity to work in a team that is responsible for understanding business needs and translate them into data-driven tools and recommendations. Your stakeholders will be all the other tech, marketing and sales teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for making sure that your stakeholders can take data-driven decisions, by:
- Translating business needs into quantitative terms and data requirements to our tech teams
- Proactively identifying relevant questions, providing descriptive analysis and insights
- Building fault-tolerant pipelines
- Designing experiments to test product features
- Implementing and maintaining statistical models
- Aggregating and enhancing data with external sources
- Ensuring data quality
- Communicating results in a clear and effective way
Some of the languages and technologies that we use are Python, Pandas, scikit-learn, SciPy, SQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, AWS S3, Glue, Athena, Django, D3.js and ETL frameworks as Luigi and third-party tools like Google Analytics.
Who you are
You are a creative person who sets and achieves ambitious goals in a collaborative and challenging environment. You continuously evaluate and reflect on your own solutions and seek recommendations to improve your skills.
- Able to write readable and maintainable code
- 1-2 years of experience working in a similar position
- Experience with some or all the technologies mentioned above
- You can explain technical findings to a non-technical team
- A genuine interest in learning and experimenting with new technologies
- You are a team player
So, what do you think?
If you wish to be a part of this innovative, problem-solving tech team helping other developers to build a more secure internet, send us your contact details through the application below and we’ll take it from there. This is going to be fun!