Marketing - Stockholm
What we do at Detectify
Detectify was born from the simple idea that the internet is broken. Our founders are some of the best ethical hackers in the world. They have found critical vulnerabilities at tech giants like Google, Facebook, and Dropbox and used their hacker knowledge to build an advanced web application security scanner that is used by companies such as Spotify, Trello, and KING.
In addition to our internal security researchers, we collaborate with a global network of handpicked white-hat hackers to make sure our service is updated with the latest security threats. Based in central Stockholm, Sweden, we are currently a team of 50 employees and growing quickly.
The marketing team
Today, the marketing team consists of six persons and you will also work closely with the sales and tech teams. We are looking for a team player who is ambitious, driven, self-going and who wants to create unique security content that stands out quality-wise and gives ROI.
As a member of this team, you will be expected to serve as the subject matter expert, lead construction of security content, and contribute to the overall direction of the content of our Detectify Labs blog (labs.detectify.com).
Role and responsibilities
You will be responsible for identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities and communicate knowledge in written or verbal forms. Our security content is a key part of our content marketing strategy, and you will work with the marketing coordinator and internal researchers to define the research agenda of our technical blog. You will also own content production and curation for Detectify Labs.
To be successful in this role, we expect that you:
- Stay on top of the latest attacks, vulnerabilities, and mitigations.
- Research and study security vulnerabilities.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to our teams and customers when needed.
- Have a foot in the security community, and willingness to develop your own network within the hacker community.
- Present research and ideas at public speaking events. Experience is preferred and training will be provided.
We also expect that you act as an ambassador for our brand and company by representing Detectify at international conferences and security events. Some traveling is required.
Who you are
You hack! You are involved with the security community and understand how vulnerabilities work. Overall, you are passionate about web security and want to engage with an international network of security researchers.
- You learn how to fix things by breaking them
- Strong understanding of network security protocols and software security mechanisms
- Strong programming skills in one or more programming or scripting languages
- Proven record of high-quality publications - you either have a blog or collaborate with content aggregators
- Strong written and presentation skills in English
- Experience working in cross-functional teams