Lead React.js Developer
Product and Technology - Stockholm
Go Hack Yourself!
What we do at Detectify
Detectify offers a web application security scanner that automates hacker attacks to help businesses stay safe. Our founders are renowned ethical hackers - having hacked tech giants such as Google, Facebook, or Dropbox. Today, we collaborate with over 150 handpicked white-hat hackers to bring in the best independent security researchers in the world and automate their findings into our tool.
The Web Team
Our web team is responsible for Detectify’s public facing platforms. What that means is that they build and improve two of our main platforms; Detectify’s public-facing website, and the customer's logged-in interface.
No matter the platform, the Web Team guarantees the best possible user journey. Collectively they work on a single page application using a tech stack that includes React.js, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Docker and Microservices.
The team today consists of 4 people who work according to Scrum in two-week sprints with releases at least once a week.
What you'll get to do
We expect you to provide technical direction to the web team while acting as a key contributor to the development of new features. Within your scope of responsibilities, you will get to:
- Write web application code following best practices and deliver code in an agile team environment
- Coordinate with the team to give technical leadership and achieve sprint goals
- Take part in structuring how our growing web team should be organized and function
- Mentor and grow a small team of cross-functional engineers including hiring and performance reviews
- Provide coding help at all levels and all points of development cycle, as well as provide technical guidance to team members
- Partner closely with design and product to craft great user experiences
Who you are
You will be joining a high performing agile team that collaborates and works together across all aspects of our platforms. You must be someone who is highly engaged, motivated and excels at critical thinking and problem solving.
You come from a background where you are used to focus on user behaviour as an important part of your delivery and strive for simplicity and ease of use in your solutions. You have extensive knowledge in React.js.
Besides this, we expect that:
- You have 2+ years of team leading experience
- You have a thorough understanding of security concerns
- You have a genuine passion for and are experienced at mentoring other
- You have a solid record of writing readable, testable, and efficient code
- You care about standards and implementing best practices as well as continuing learning, experimenting, evaluating, and introducing other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows
- You have heard about - and potentially worked with - Redux as well as Redux-Saga
- You understand git best practices such as git-flow
- You have experience working in a startup and agile-like environment
So, what do you think?
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a more secure internet. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together. It will be fun!