Product and Technology - Stockholm
What we do at Detectify
Detectify was born from the simple idea that the internet is broken. Our founders are among the best ethical hackers in the world. They have found critical vulnerabilities at tech giants like Google, Facebook, and Dropbox and we’ve used their hacker knowledge to build an advanced domain and web application security scanner that is used by companies such as Spotify, Trello, and KING.
We also collaborate with a global network of handpicked white-hat hackers who continuously provide us with valuable security research. Our crowd-based security network allows us to bring in the best independent security researchers in the world and automate their findings into our tool.
Today we are one of Stockholm’s fastest growing startups which just secured €21 million in a Series B round, together with Balderton Capital.
What you’ll get to do
The Engineering Department at Detectify consists of a diverse cross-functional mix of people and technical competencies. In your role as VP of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for the development of the Engineering Department and its members. Hence, your job is to ensure that the teams and Team Leads within this department have the support, processes and structure in place to evolve and build great things together. Among other things, you will support the team with the following tasks:
- Staff management and development
- Create and execute on our recruitment roadmap for the Engineering team
- Ensure that your team can deliver the technical solutions to execute the defined product roadmap
- Develop our technical strategy to ensure sustainability of innovative development from a technical standpoint
- Continually give input to the product team to ensure that the product strategy is aligned with technical needs and possibilities
Who you are
You are someone with an interest in complex technology, as well as in people. You understand that development processes consist of both technical choices and also the people involved in these processes. In previous roles you’ve been responsible for larger technical teams to develop their knowledge over time. Preferably, you have worked in a startup environment with SaaS-based products. Apart from this, you may have:
- Multiple years of experience in technical leadership roles
- Worked with modern development methods and tech stacks
- Experience with building and planning system architecture
- Developed processes for cross-functional tech teams
- Acted as a coach and mentor - both for individuals and teams
- Worked with indirect leadership and manager of managers
So, what do you think?
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a more secure internet. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together. It will be fun!