Internal Products - Product Owner
Product and Technology - Stockholm
What we do at Detectify
Detectify was born from the simple idea that the internet is broken. Our founders are top-ranked ethical hackers that have helped some of the world’s largest tech companies such as Spotify, King, and Trello to improve their web security. We turned the knowledge they accumulated from ethical hacking into a security tool that automates hacker attacks and helps customers to be safe. Today we are amongst the fastest growing tech companies in Stockholm and have offices in both Stockholm and Boston.
Today we are one of Stockholm’s fastest growing startups. We are very happy to have recently received €21 million in a Series B round investment, together with Balderton Capital to be able to continue to build our diverse and awesome team.
The Product Department and the Product Owner role
The Product Department is newly formed and will unite Product Owners of different business areas of the Detectify security platform. We are looking for proactive, well-organized and dedicated people to prioritize the backlogs, plan and oversee the development of product features and unite cross-functional technical teams around the business goals. The mission of the Product department is to drive the development of the most successful security platform in the market via prioritization and coordination.
As our Product Owner, you will maximize the value the development teams are delivering via prioritization, coordination and scope definition. You will act as a business-oriented part of the team, facilitating the development process by communicating business goals and advocating end-user interests. As a Product Owner, you are responsible for the alignment of the backlog with the product strategy and long-term roadmap, creating clear-cut scope business requirements and overseeing a smooth launch process.
What you'll get to do:
You will be working closely with the cross-functional team and your internal users - your colleagues from Marketing, Customer Success, Customer Support, Finance, and Sales.
You will become an expert in our internal tools and integrations. You will support our internal processes and empower your colleagues to make the best decisions through the products you build.
Your typical weeks at work will include:
- Interviewing your colleagues from different departments and figuring out the needs and the priority of the internal initiatives
- Writing univocal, non-technical acceptance criteria for the new internal product
- Planning and prioritising the backlog and the sprint, finding a perfect balance between the new business initiatives, technical debt, and bugs
- Tracking the progress and resolving blockers, communicating updates to the different internal stakeholders at Detectify
- Being part of the release processes, making sure that the acceptance criteria are met and that the stakeholders are happy
Who you are:
- A driven planner, and communicator, who understands how SaaS companies work and have an interest in building tools and products which will be used by your colleagues
- You have the business interest at heart and are fluent with technical terms
- You have at least 1 year of experience in Product Owner or similar roles
- You are familiar with Agile software development and are comfortable leading backlog refinements and sprint plannings
- You have a demonstrated track record in leading without authority, planning and executing development initiatives
- As an informal leader, you bring an inclusive, supportive and collaborative spirit to the team
- You can differentiate between must-haves and nice-to-haves and are able to find the best compromise between the scope and development time
So, what do you think?
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone craving ownership and eager to have a huge impact on a fast growing start-up in the Internet Security industry! If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together. It will be fun!