Security Overview - Product Owner
Product and Technology - Stockholm
What we do at Detectify
Detectify was born from the simple idea that the internet is broken. Our founders are top-ranked ethical hackers that have helped some of the world’s largest tech companies such as Spotify, King, and Trello to improve their web security. We turned the knowledge they accumulated from ethical hacking into a security tool that automates hacker attacks and helps customers to be safe. Today we are amongst the fastest growing tech companies in Stockholm and have offices in both Stockholm and Boston.
Today we are one of Stockholm’s fastest growing startups. We are very happy to have recently received €21 million in a Series B round investment, together with Balderton Capital to be able to continue to build our diverse and awesome team.
The Product Department and the Product Owner role
The Product Department is newly formed and will unite Product Owners of different business areas of the Detectify security platform. We are looking for proactive, well-organized and dedicated people to prioritize the backlogs, plan and oversee the development of product features and unite cross-functional technical teams around the business goals. The mission of the Product department is to drive the development of the most successful security platform in the market via prioritization and coordination.
As a Product Owner, you will maximize the value the development teams are delivering via prioritization, coordination and scope definition. You will be the business-oriented part of the team and facilitate the development process by communicating business goals and advocating end-user interests. As a Product Owner, you are responsible for the alignment of the backlog with the product strategy and long-term roadmap, creating clear-cut business requirements and overseeing a smooth launch process.
What you'll get to do
You will be working closely with the cross-functional team, internal stakeholders and Detectify customers. You will become an expert in making the life of Detectify product users easier and their work - more efficient.
Communicating the “why” and the “what” behind the business initiatives to your team.
Your typical workflow will include:
- Joining customer interviews and feedback sessions to learn more about the needs and pains of Detectify end-users and translate them into a prioritised backlog
- Align the backlog with the product strategy to deliver key initiatives
- Planning your sprints, finding a perfect balance between the new business initiatives, technical debt, and bugs
- Writing univocal, non-technical acceptance criteria for customer-facing functionality
- Tracking the progress and resolving blockers, communicating updates to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Coordinating releases, making sure that the acceptance criteria are met and that the internal stakeholders are up-to-date with the product changes
Who you are
- You are a driver, planner, and communicator, with a good understanding of complex technical products or experienced in working with web security.
- You have the business interest at heart and are fluent with technical terms
- You have at least 2 years of experience in Product Owner or similar roles with B2B SaaS products
- You are familiar with Agile software development and are comfortable leading backlog refinements and sprint plannings
- You are well organized and attentive to details
- As an informal leader, you bring an inclusive, supportive and collaborative spirit to the team
So, what do you think?
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone craving ownership and eager to have a huge impact on a fast growing start-up in the Internet Security industry! If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together. It will be fun!