Python Data Developer
Data - Stockholm
We want to drive the future of internet security through data driven decision making. Join us and drive our already thriving data ecosystem even further!
What we do at Detectify
Detectify offers a web application security scanner that automates hacker attacks to help businesses stay safe. Our founders are among the best ethical hackers in the world - having hacked tech giants such as Google, Facebook, or Dropbox. Today, we collaborate with over 150 handpicked white-hat hackers to continually help clients like Trello, Spotify and King make their websites more secure.
Based in central Stockholm, Sweden, we are one of Stockholm’s fastest growing startups with 80 employees from over 25 different nationalities. In November 2019, we secured €21 million in a Series B round, together with Balderton Capital.
What our data team does
We work horizontally throughout the company to promote a data-driven culture. Our main mission is to empower internal stakeholders by providing well-documented and controlled access to information, as well as to identify and address business needs and support them with insights and recommendations to drive impactful decisions.
What you will get to do
As a full-stack python developer in the data team, you will be responsible for the development and growth of our ecosystem of infrastructure, services, and products. This will enable your colleagues to access company-owned data in order to make data-driven decisions throughout the company.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Developing automation for data delivery
- Building instrumentation and monitoring for data services and products
- Ensuring scalability, reliability, and availability of data infrastructure, services, and products
- Setting quality standards for CI/CD processes
Our data infrastructure is built on an event-sourcing architecture and some of the languages and technologies that we use are AWS S3, Glue, Athena, Firehose, Elasticsearch, Docker, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Python, Django, D3.js and ETL frameworks (eg. Luigi).
Who you are
You are a creative person who sets and achieves ambitious goals in a collaborative and challenging environment. You continuously evaluate and reflect on your own solutions and seek recommendations to improve your skills. You embrace bi-directional feedback and share the mentality that discussions and teaching is key to a high quality team output.
You are an experienced Python developer who understands that each programming language has its pros and cons and you are capable of learning new languages and technologies. As the company grows or changes internally, you will help drive these changes when you identify the need.
- Education in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- At least three years of development experience in an SMB company
- Experience from working with data intensive Python applications, backend to frontend
- Experience with working on a cloud environment, for example, AWS or GCP
- Hands-on experience with the Kubernetes ecosystem
- Experience working with or close to DevOps/GitOps/SRE practices
- Familiar with and around UNIX environments
- A genuine interest experimenting with and learning new technologies
- You are a team player who enjoys social interaction
So, what do you think?
If you wish to be a part of this innovative, problem-solving tech team helping other developers to build a more secure internet, send us your contact details through the application below and we’ll take it from there. This is going to be fun!