Python Software Developer (Data)
Data - Stockholm
We want to drive the future of internet security through data driven decision making. Join us and drive our already thriving data ecosystem even further!
What we do at Detectify
Detectify offers a web application security scanner that automates hacker attacks to help businesses stay safe. Our founders are among the best ethical hackers in the world - having hacked tech giants such as Google, Facebook, or Dropbox. Today, we collaborate with over 150 handpicked white-hat hackers to continually help clients like Trello, Spotify and King make their websites more secure.
Based in central Stockholm, Sweden, we are one of Stockholm’s fastest-growing startups with 80 employees from over 25 different nationalities. In November 2019, we secured €21 million in a Series B round, together with Balderton Capital.
What our data team does
We work horizontally throughout the company to promote a data-driven culture. Our main mission is to empower other teams by providing access to information and recommendations to promote impactful decisions.
What you will get to do
As a complete stack developer in the data team, you will oversee the growth of our services, pipelines, and infrastructure.
- Develop automation for data delivery
- Build instrumentation and monitoring
- Ensure scalability, reliability, and availability of data infrastructure of our services and pipelines
- Set quality standards for CI/CD processes
Our data infrastructure is built on an event-sourcing architecture and some of the languages and technologies that we use are AWS S3, Glue, Athena, Firehose, Elasticsearch, Docker, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Python, Django, D3.js and ETL frameworks (eg. Luigi).
Who you are
You are a creative person who sets and achieves goals in a collaborative and stimulating environment. You evaluate and reflect on your own solutions and seek recommendations to improve your skills. You embrace bi-directional feedback and share the mentality that collaboration is important to high-quality team output.
You are an experienced Python developer who embraces new technologies and understands that each programming language has its pros and cons.
- Education in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- At least three years of development experience in an SMB company
- Experience working with data-intensive Python applications, backend to frontend
- Experience working on a cloud environment, for example, AWS or GCP
- Hands-on experience with the Kubernetes ecosystem
- Experience working with or close to DevOps/GitOps/SRE practices
- Familiar with and around UNIX environments
- A genuine interest in experimenting with and learning new technologies
So, what do you think?
If you wish to be a part of this creative tech team helping other developers to build a more secure internet, send us your contact details through the application below and we’ll take it from there. This is going to be fun!